PDA

View Full Version : A-24 for sale

Tim Mertinooke
09-10-2007, 02:17 PM
It's with mixed emotions that I put Archimedes up for sale. My family and I had such a great time cruising this summer on our Ariel that we decided to purchase a larger boat to do some extended cruising during our summers. We are finalizing the purchase of a Fuji 32 Ketch right now and will have it delivered to the house by the end of October. I am asking $5000 for Archimedes. She is located in Newburyport Mass and is still in the water. She will be hauled out sometime this month and placed on her roadworthy trailer. She has a new dodger used one season, a new Nissan 6HP engine with altenator used one season, a new deep cycle battery used one season, a VHF radio, nice set of sails including a storm jib and spinnaker, danforth anchor with 15 feet of chain and 150' of rode, and safety equipment. The only issue the boat has is the rudder. The repair I made earlier this summer has worked very well and I see no reason why it wouldn't work temporarily for another season or longer while another is made. I can be reached by e-mail at mertinooke@hotmail.com if anyone is interested or knows of someone that might be. This board has certainly been an incredible resource and inspiration and I'm glad I got to share my short journey with my Ariel with all those aboard. I'm proud to know that I did my part to bring one of these beauties back from the brink, turning her again into a seaworthy vessel.

http://www.mrmert.com/ariel24/images/Ariel.JPG

ebb
09-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Good for you Tim!!
There's a Fuji 32 ketch for sale at the marina where my boat is, I'll go take a look at her up close. Nice salty boat, Alden influences??? You did good!:cool:

mbd
09-10-2007, 04:27 PM
I was wondering about your questions about the Fuji 32! Congrats! And well done getting #24 back in the water. Hopefully someone new will take up where you left off.

PS. See you next Summer. We can still post a pic of your boat as an honorable alumni... ;)

ebb
09-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Just think, he gave up a good ole Ariel for a boat with a MAST smackdab in the middle of the cockpit!!!:eek:

Tim Mertinooke
09-11-2007, 04:24 AM
Oh, but it's placed so nicely in the cockpit. I think I solved my cupholder location problem however...

Rico
09-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Tim,
- What are the dimension of your headsail?
Or th % ratio if you've got it...

Thanks

commanderpete
09-13-2007, 08:48 AM
#24 has certainly benefitted from your stewardship Tim.

Somebody is going to get a nice boat.

bill@ariel231
09-13-2007, 11:07 AM
I agree... now we need to get A-24 some new adoptive parents. A couple folks who have driven A-231 tell me they day-dream about getting one of their own. Here's their chance....

mbd
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
And don't forget the very handy trailer... What a bargain!

And you know Tim, we'll be needing pics of the new boat. :rolleyes:

Tim Mertinooke
09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
It really is with mixed emotions I am selling her and this board is one reason why. I'll still troll through here on a daily basis as an alumnus. We did have a great summer on her, but I do look forward to the interior volume a 14,000lb boat will provide. To be honest I had no intention of purchasing a larger boat up until a few weeks ago when I was approached by a friend of mine from my yacht club with an offer I couldn't refuse for his ketch.

Mike, when I get her delivered to my folks house in Amesbury, MA the end of October I will have a camera in hand and I will be sure to post. I am still looking forward to getting together next year up in Maine and I'm working out a loose itinerary right now. I'll be in touch to let you know our plans when the time comes.

C-Pete, thanks. My only regret is that I didn't get to do all the things I wanted too.

Rico, not sure off the top of my head. I'll try to remember to measure for you when I head out that way again.

Bill (231), if those you mentioned are interested have them get in touch. I can e-mail you my home number. The price reflects about what I'm in it for, and takes into account the rudder issue. Let them know I would even finance if that helps.

Tim

Tim Mertinooke
09-17-2007, 05:45 PM
$4500 if you take it before the end of October.

Tim Mertinooke
09-21-2007, 02:23 PM
$4000

New Price if moved before the end of October

Tim Mertinooke
09-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Here is the siren that tempted me away from my Ariel. This picture was taken about 5 years ago at my yacht club in Newburyport. She needs a little cleaning to get her looking like this for next season, but she is completely sound. I plan to make her into a honey of a boat.

http://www.mrmert.com/fuji32/Dock.JPG

mbd
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Hubba hubba! Beggin' yer pardon whilst I clean the drool off the keyboard! More pics please. :D

We should start an "other" boat gallery so you and Frank can post some more pics of your non-Ariels.

Tim Mertinooke
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Here are three more from 98'. The PO is at the helm.

http://www.mrmert.com/fuji32/excalibur_1.JPG

http://www.mrmert.com/fuji32/excalibur_2.JPG

http://www.mrmert.com/fuji32/excalibur_3.JPG

I've always been a sucker for a clipper bow.

ebb
09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Never give a sword to a man who can't dance.:cool:

bill@ariel231
10-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Tim
before A-24 gets a new home, any chance we can get some dimensions and details on your trailer (axle specs, frame dimensions and h-beam measurements)?
cheers,
bill:rolleyes:

Tim Mertinooke
10-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Sold!

Bill, I'm sorry I didn't get around to posting the dimensions.