PDA

View Full Version : Search Button and Photos

ebb
07-03-2007, 08:35 AM
I've noticed the the SEARCH mode seems to have dumbed up quite.
It needs to be smartened up with cross references. It's disappointing and frustrating.

Another problem as I see it is that PHOTOS on sites have disappeared. The spaces are sometimes there but the image is replaced with a small "x" in the upper left. Is this an editing feature? It's disappointing too!

commanderpete
07-03-2007, 08:59 AM
You can post a picture one of two ways

You can paste in the url link. Problem is, if the link no longer works, you get the red X.

You can also upload photos directly from your computer. This is a nice feature. You don't have to first put the photos on a image hosting site like photobucket. These photos won't disappear.

To capture a photo from the internet, you just right click the photo, pick "save picture as" and give it a name

The vast majority of lurkers may not know this, but you have to register to use the "search" feature. You don't need to own an Ariel or Commander to register. All are welcome, especially those with a twisted sense of humor

Bill
07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
The vast majority of lurkers may not know this, but you have to register to use the "search" feature. You don't need to own an Ariel or Commander to register. All are welcome

Well, not exactly. With the flood of spammers registering, the policy is to require completion of the profile before we will consider allowing people into the site. If there is no response to the request, they are banned.

Pruning of "members" with blank profiles and no posts has also begun. If anyone reading this falls into that category, please complete your profile ASAP if you wish to continue having access.

Lucky Dawg
07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
dang, does this mean doyouwantme123 and rxforyou1 won't be around anymore??

As a long time lurker, I was reticent to post anything with my knowledge base being zilch. (hummm, not that isn't still a problem...)

Unfortunate that Bill has to go to that extra work of profile scanning and interact with the spamming dregs of humanity.:mad:

ebb
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm glad C'pete adds a pic now and then,
like that 'Where's Waldo' shot
because whatever he say was about photos
went raht by me.

I notice our newest registered member is
"Free Gay Sex". On the member info page
there is a multiple choice of whether to ignore
this FGS persona or add him/her to my buddy list.

If I had a choice, I rather be able to post a photo
or successfully find an old archive complete and
untrammeled. Any you guys know the
Charles Booher saga? (Hero anti spammer)