View Full Version : "I can't see clearly now the dink is gone"

ebb
04-05-2007, 02:12 PM
For them who can't stomach a dinghy on the foredeck up against the mast,
check out:
http://www.nauticalniche.com/sea/clear_boat.htm

tha3rdman
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM
intersting . . . wonder if the grand canyon skywalk or this came first in thought . . . chicken or the egg . . .

mbd
04-06-2007, 07:08 AM
I don't know how practical it would be for cruising, but the kids would love it! You'd have to stow it on deck though - couldn't bottom paint...

Maybe it could double as a hard dodger? :D

Tim Mertinooke
04-06-2007, 12:08 PM
New name Mike, or have I not been paying attention to details enough?

mbd
04-06-2007, 01:38 PM
Yup, it's new. The first one I threw out to the family that resonated and everyone liked. We collected a bunch of sea glass last Summer on vacation. Hopefully she's on her way now to becoming a family member!

ebb
04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Just for you, Mike, to help celebrate a great name:

>google< YouTube - Glass Harp
www.youtube.com/watch?v=27POI9uH94M

The genius is the guy in the blue shirt in a mall - amazing!!!

If you click on the too precious duo in the small box and go on to the next page, you'll see his table setup in the small boxes on the right. He's wearing a checked shirt there for the best rendition of the Nat'l Anthem you'll ever hear. A new name does require a little flag waving.

ebb
04-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh...and if you feel TwiceAround James Baldwin might be a little conservative with his plastic kayak and ply dink, and you need inspiration for the truly unique:
http://www.nestawayboats.com/page6.htm

A prototype for a threepart nesting canoe, one you can keep "unobtrusively in the corner of your living room..." Notice the innovative springclamp connectors.

mbd
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
...to help celebrate a great name...

Thanks Ebb. Now that it's been properly ceremoinialized, I just need to get out there with my heat gun and make the unnaming phase "official".