PDA

View Full Version : ariel seeker

nostrum
03-17-2007, 06:40 AM
Hello all, I am new to the board and in the market for an Ariel. Currently I own Ariels little cousin Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender that I would part with. I also own a Triad trailer made for my previous boat, Tanzer 22, which could haul an Ariel. Each axle is rated for 3000lbs and it has surge brakes.
I stumbled across an Ariel in the marina where I sometimes keep my boat(s) here in Buffalo, NY. At first I thought it was a Triton but it seemed too short so I did some research and found out about Ariels. I am trying to get hold of the owner of this one, it was last registered in 97 and its been sitting full of water through a few Buffalo winters. Hull has no blisters, deck seems to have no soft spots, dont know about cockpit as it was filled with water. In side is a mess but thats fixable. Rudder may need to be filled and covered with epoxy or replaced. I was told the owner is elderly and has kept up his storage fees and may be willing to sell. I do know Alberg designed some tough boats, my Typhoon was in this shape when I found it and most problems I ran in to were cosmetic except for two soft spots and sagging cabin roof under mast (fixed by installing a compression post). Anyway, if any of you hear of any Ariels for sale please let me know. Thanks for reading. Jerry

nostrum
03-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Sorry for the small script, I pasted and copied from my Word, not sure what happened. Not responsible eye strainhttp://pearsonariel.org/discussion/images/icons/icon10.gif

bill@ariel231
03-17-2007, 01:19 PM
If you strike out on the one in your marina...

"mind's eye" may still be looking for a home

http://pearsonariel.org/discussion/showthread.php?p=14715#post14715

There are a couple other abandon ones around New Englnd that need some sleuthing to find the owner and get a title... try seaching the forums for Ariel 18 and Ariel 409...

I'd be remiss if i didn't suggest looking on ebay and yachtworld..

good luck in the quest.

bill

Tim Mertinooke
03-25-2007, 08:58 AM
It seems we are kindred spirits of sort. I too started with the Typhoon and ended up with an Ariel. I just can't stomach selling the girl so it looks like I'm a two boat owner (awe shucks...) It works out well because the Ty is paid for on a nice trailer and we will be leaving it up at my parents camp on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH where she will make the transformation from a saltwater boat to a freshwater boat. She is perfect for that lake and I am glad things worked out the way they did so that we didn't have to sell her. The Ariel will take the Ty's place on the Merrimack River in Newburyport MA this summer. Can't wait!