PDA

View Full Version : #50 Trip report w/pictures

Adam
10-22-2006, 03:29 PM
This is a link because the post is too long to post here.

Click Here! (http://www.netgo4.com/Renegade-Cruisers/viewtopic.php?t=7195)

frank durant
10-22-2006, 08:02 PM
GREAT trip report...GREAT pics...GREAT lookin boat!! Kind of ironic...I've been asking for stories and pics of peoples travels since july and what boat replies.....#50 !!! Thank you...I'm both glad and proud...keep up the stories and pics.You are talented at both !! ;)

commanderpete
10-23-2006, 06:13 AM
The most frightening part of the trip is toward the end...

Cold Chef Boyardee ravioli out of a can

.....shiver.....

Great report Adam, Thanks

She's a pretty one

frank durant
10-23-2006, 06:26 AM
C pete...2 things come to mind reading your post. 1- I have never been around a boat that SO many people called 'pretty'.People would walk up,look, and say 'what a pretty boat'. Unfortunately people look at the Flicka and say 'what a cute boat'...not sure if I like that. #50 sure IS a 'pretty boat'! 2-once while cruising and having propane troubles, our 'main coarse' became cold vienna sosauges (how the heck do you spell sassauges/sassages?) out of a can.I don't think you will find that in Lyn Pardey's 'care and feeding of an offshore crew'

ebb
10-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Adam. You is sumpin else! Great trip! Thanks!

Frank,
Sausage is derived from Old French SAUSSICHE from the Latin salsus, meaning salted. The word botulism is derived from the Latin word for
sausage: BOTULUS. (lifted from wikipedia)
Thought you Franch Canadiens was up on this stuffed?
Spam is eminently more edible than vienna sausiched - the LAST can of all cans you extract from your bilge.
You are allowed at least
to heat spam up, but vienna??? Y e c h s i c h e !!

Vienna Sausage "means the same thing as wiener." (wikipedia) Thought you'd like to know.:rolleyes:

frank durant
10-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Ebb...G-day eh...."us french Canadians"...wow wow wow here. That's akin to calling a southerner a "yankee". I live on the south side of the Ottawa River....but just across it, is 'le belle province'........with cannons pointed accordingly. Secondly....vienna sausage..our what ever you call that mystery morsel...canned in water...is far more disgusting than any 'normal' wiener I've had.I agree on 'last resort' only !