PDA

View Full Version : Ariel # 50 Across FL

Adam
09-10-2006, 04:30 PM
For those of you aware of my journey home from Indiantown, FL to Key West, the first "Phase" is over. I've made it across FL to the west coast (using the Okeechobee Waterway), then I came up to Placida (north end of Gasparilla Island) where I took friends sailing for a few days.

The boat has been a pleasure! I have a largish trip report that I'm preparing, but I just wanted to drop a quick note from the marina here (I've been staying on the hook, but decided to treat myself to a night dockside where I can do some laundry and take a nice hot shower!)

I'm headed south tomorrow, eventually to Cape Sable, then over to the Keys.

Adam

joe
09-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Hi Adam,
Do you have any pics you might share with us??

Adam
09-14-2006, 02:30 PM
There are a LOT of pictures at http://www.svjourney.org/gallery2 (Under "The Journey Home")

They're not captioned yet, but they will be after I get home!

I'm back in Indiantown Marina (over 300 trouble-free miles under the keel), headed home to Key West via the east coast.

I chickened out going home via Marco Island... It would have been too much time on the tiller (I'm singlehanding) and too exposed to unpredictable afternoon storms that are common here in South Florida.

More to come. I've been keeping up a log, complete with pictures, but it's going to take a little time to make presentable.

All is GREAT!!!! :D

ebb
09-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Excuse me, sir, if one could try to compliment...

Adam, you have an amazing unerring eye for composing and framing a shot. For light, for shadow, and color. You turn the mundane into art. Every frame seems as tho it could be a 'plein air' watercolor. You are either a natural or a professional. But you can't be no pro because pros don't know what you knows.

There is in nearly every picture that elusive quality an artist/photographer friend once tried to explain to me: that ability that brings the image to life (or life to the image), of something else happening other than it being a flat point and shoot. A surprise, something mysterious, something questioning, something funny. Something even unknown by the viewer.

We're not invited to look for Waldo - that's not an acurate metaphore, as your art is not portrait but landscape. Yet the human condition, pathos, warms many of your pictures. Most astonishing is the artist's ability to snap the shutter at precisly the right moment. Have to be envious of that! I've just gone thru 200 photos unable to stop! What a treat! :cool: