PDA

View Full Version : Water skipping

frank durant
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Nothing to do with boating but water IS involved.We still have a bit of snow here in my region of Ontario Canada...the river behind my house has really opened up this last week with warm temps and rain to help melt away winters remains. Only our little bay still has ice on it.The ski hill closed today so we thought we would take the kids one last time untill next winter.They had 'water skipping' on ski's and snow boards...yep...If ya want to know what entertains us northerners...it's watching people get wet with ice in the water.. :D

eric (deceased)
04-02-2006, 09:04 PM
when you are playing nanook of the north???{oh and----"dont you eat that yellow snow---nanook a no no} thass' an excerpt fromma frank zappa song---oh,and---hey!!!! canyoo' essplain' jusswatizz---"MUKTUK"?

ebb
04-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Hey Frank!
What is that? A visqueen slide? My view has a faint blotch of color (fast Eddie?) down in the belly of the luge. Could be very large, very deflated whale? Must be spring, tho, because in the distance the lawn is green going up to the club house! Bet you Northerners do some fun blanket tossing too!

frank durant
04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
Ebb...you are right on all counts.That 'blurr' is a snowboarder' right before he fell...lots did.The snow is gone on sunny hillsides but lots in the shade and in the bush.Finally....yep..right after the waterskipping awards,we set about the 'dwarf tossing' compitition.

frank durant
04-13-2006, 12:09 PM
I know this has 0 to do with sailing,but as I looked over photos of our last ski weekend...I couldn't help but post this. Lots of kids dressed up for the water skipping....I want a pair of shorts like this guys !! PS..thats my crew on the ledge

frank durant
04-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Heh Ebb....they even got built in wrinkles fors guys like us !!