PDA

View Full Version : Boatless and needy !

Oldsalty1
01-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Just joined this group to learn more about the Pearson Ariel. I am in the market for and Ariel or Triton. Any suggestions or leads will be appreciated.
Carleton

Bill
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Are you really in all those places? [Ky, CT, NY, CA, MA, KY] :confused: I'm pretty sure we have Ariels and Commanders for sale in most of those states. :)

cjackson
01-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Here's an e-mail address for you. David S. Anton [danton at bellandhudson dot com]

I'm not sure what your price range is, but this an Ariel in Excellent shape, with a very good trailer as well!!! This guy Dave is in Massachusetts, and he's asking $7000 OBO. That was a little out of my price range otherwise I would have snapped it up in a heartbeat...boat looked really nice.

Good Luck to ya!

Chris

Penokee
01-12-2006, 05:21 PM
I looked at it in November of 2004. Would not have given it quite such a glowing review, but then condition is subjective. I'd be happy to share the photos I took if anyone is contemplating this boat but has a bit of a drive to get to her. I drove a looong way and would have loved photos in advance!

FWIW,
--- Penokee

cjackson
01-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Let me give a more careful definition of "excellent shape". The boat appeared to have been out of the water for at least a couple of years, and showed weathering on the exposed areas of hull...just a general fading and a few areas of crazing in her gel, not uncommon for a boat of her age at all. On the interior, things looked to have been neglected for some time however not abused...I did not get to see her rigging in action as she was dismasted on the hard, but everything appeared to be there and in servicable condition. All in all a boat that would not need a major overhaul, just a general clean up and some TLC, and she would sail away.

Of course that's all just my opinion and I'm certainly no advocate for the seller.

Besides $7000 for a boat of that age and condition was a bit too steep for my taste...

Chris

Oldsalty1
01-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I looked at it in November of 2004. Would not have given it quite such a glowing review, but then condition is subjective. I'd be happy to share the photos I took if anyone is contemplating this boat but has a bit of a drive to get to her. I drove a looong way and would have loved photos in advance!

FWIW,
--- Penokee

Hi, Penokee, yes I would like to see the pictures of the $7,000 Ariel. Looking at pictures can't hurt - can it?

Thanks,
Carleton

Al Lorman
01-13-2006, 07:02 AM
Have you seen the posting here for hull #3? Phots are posted. The last asking rpice was $6,500.

mbd
01-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Carleton, have you sifted through the General/Off-Topic section yet? There are plenty of boats posted. Be sure and set the "Display Options" at the bottom of the page to "From the: Last Year" or "From the: Last 100 Days" at least...

I'd be happy to share the photos...Penokee, I emailed you off-list, but I'd like to see some photos as well - please. We just love photos on this board. :)

Oldsalty1
01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Have you seen the posting here for hull #3? Phots are posted. The last asking rpice was $6,500.

Thanks for the heads up Al. I looked at Ariel Spirit's pictures and she is beautiful. However, I am now looking at one in MA and one in LA , each of them asking $4,000 to start and both are willing to negotiate. Spirit may well be nicer, but I cannot afford $6,500.

thank you for your assistance; I look forward to finding the right Ariel for me and will need the mentoring of members of this forum.

Fair Winds,

Carleton