PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Ariel in Pacific NW

Forrest
12-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Hello all, I am in the market for a boat and have been drawn to Alberg designs, I have looked at an Alberg 22 and cape dory 25, but they are a too small inside. The Ariel seems to be a design that actually has more than just daysailor space inside and is still Alberg pretty. I am located in Bellingham WA so if anyone has one or knows of one on Puget Sound or in BC I would be interested to see it.

Bill
12-02-2005, 12:51 PM
I have looked at an Alberg 22 and cape dory 25, but they are all too small inside.
I'm pretty sure the Ariel's interior is no larger than a CD25. Good luck.

c_amos
12-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Bill,

I can't speak for the 'actual' Alberg CD25 (the CD25D) but I was tied up next to a CD25s for a time. While the hulls appeared near identical, the cabin top on the CD was shorter enough to the eye that she looked to lose quite a bit.

I never went below, but from the looks of things. She seemed to me to lack the standing headroom our Ariels provide. (and I bet felt more cramped for the smaller ports).

I doubt there is any more berth/bunk/stowage space, but from what I saw I think I would much rather be below on my Ariel then the Cape Dory.

(plus our owners association web site is MUCH cooler). :)

Forrest
12-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Yeah the headroom is really the thing. The CD 25 is realllly short inside. Its more a scoot around inside boat.

ebb
12-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Alberg 30 might be just the boat for you.
Or the Triton (28').
Check out (twice around) Jim Baldwin's "Atom" site for a look around the great granmama of all classic plastics.
Both are kind of stretch versions of the much sexier Ariel with nearly the same layout. The '30' has an enclosed head.

Forrest
12-03-2005, 09:42 AM
I thought about the 30 or triton, but I run a very small boatyard and the biggest we can comfortably haul is about 25/26 feet so I am trying to limit my boat search to about that size (so I can have cheap winter storage). Of course whatever I can find in the alberg family out here for the right price might take the cake.

Thanks

ebb
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Forrest.
That's whot happened to me, went lusting after a longer wilder Alberg babe and lost.
Cheesecake then found me and we nevah lookt back. Hope an Ariel finds you too!