PDA

View Full Version : FS - Ariel Adele M #199 in NJ

Dan Maliszewski
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
After 13 years, we must part company. A fine Ariel, won several B Division trophys this season, including a Division first place in the fall 26 mile lighthouse race, and over 605 nautical miles sailed this summer. She is in peak running condition, lots of new running gear and rigging, and is winterized and covered in NJ. Not a showboat, just a git 'er done solid, safe and fun Ariel. The teak deck is functional, non slip and pretty. The list of equipment is forthcoming. Make her yours for $5500. Or make me an offer. Cell is 732-599-0154. Reason for selling is a "new" Pearson Flyer 30 I purchased out in Long Island.

Dan Maliszewski
11-14-2005, 06:27 PM
More pix and the list of stuff....

Dan Maliszewski
12-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Gents,

Well, sadly, a fine gentleman from the Raritan Yacht Club in Perth Amboy, NJ has put down a deposit on Adele M #199. So I guess she is technically off the market. Sold a bit faster than I thought it might - makes one wonder if I had the right asking price! Anyway, it was and is a fab deal, what with all the new gear, and I'm sure the new owner will love her as we did. Fact is, we halfway miss her already...

iceman
12-20-2005, 03:16 PM
I have Commander 264 for sale up on Lake Champlain Vt
Send some good karma up here
I own 2 boats!

Iceman

commanderpete
12-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Who could resist teak decks?

Its obvious you took good care of Adele.

Now lets see that Flyer. That boat is smokin' fast

Dan Maliszewski
12-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Iceman,

The gent buying my 199 also has a Commander on a trailer in his driveway. I guess ya just can't have too many good boats.

C'pete,

I'll get some pix up soon as we get her freshened up a bit. They tell me the Flyer is hot, but hard to sail well - sorta like my second wife. Might take awhile to get 'er snoring along like she should, but the Ariel taught us what we need to do. Our final racing season on Adele M was superb. Ended up with two firsts, two seconds and a third in our division, and showed the raised-pinky crowd that an Ariel was formidable if given half a chance. So where can we get a squint at your new Melonseed?
Also, my Flyer and her sister are wintering over across the street from you at a Glen Cove marina. Raced on the Sound for nine years. One look at that hull and I got the shakes. I love my Ariel, but watta stern on that Flyer! She looks wicked fast.....