PDA

View Full Version : she needed me

frank durant
11-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Before I go ANY further...I AM A BOAT ADDICT...there ..I said it. That said ,this is my 'put around' retirement project. 1965 Pearsn Electra 22ft #334. One of the last ones made(338total).She has soft decks , no sails ,no cushions,a HUGE hole in her keel and mold inside !! BUT..in my eyes ...she IS beautiful !! A small Ariel..lower deck and cabin..still nice overhangs..all classic Alberg !! Reese Pawley wrote of the 'healing' brought on to him by restoring an ole boat.I hope to retire this year.I can think of no better way of keeping the mind and body active than bringing this 'diamond in the rough' back to life. My mind is already going in high gear with mini galley ,water tank, shower and sails etc ideas..I truly think it is the 'creative side' that draws us to these beautiful ole boats.That and the challange. So...here's #334...in all her flawed 'before' glory. #50's 'lil sister'

Mike Goodwin
11-04-2005, 08:14 PM
So many boats and so little time !

frank durant
11-04-2005, 08:14 PM
nice butt!! Give ole Carl credit...he could design a stern !!

ebb
11-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Just read a short review by another owner, Schooner Scotty, on Sailnet - who says that the Electra's day sailer sister is the Ensign. Fellow named Bob Proctor has a full review describing its sailing characteristics and a Pearson factory anomaly which places the rigging plates 1 1/2" further aft on one side. (So what else is new? :) )

The pairing of weekender and day sailer (with a 9' cockpit) just like the A/C makes me wonder how many other pairs like this there are in the Alberg/Pearson stable? Looks like your Electra has the same straight sheer of the A/C but has more of a Triton look in the leaner stern and bow.

It's fantastic that you have the energy to revive these great sailboats!!! :cool: Befor and afters!

S. Scotty sez his Electra will do 10 knots! and I don't think he's kidding.