PDA

View Full Version : Mast winch handle lost

walberts
09-16-2005, 11:11 AM
I recently lost my winch handle for the mast winch. It's now at the bottom of the Bohemia River, just off Town Point, in case there are any divers out there. :)

Does anyone have one for sale? It's a bummer to have lost it because my other winch handles are too big for the slot. Any suggestions? Help! :eek:

Bill
09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Saw one of the #1 handles at our yacht club's Nautical Flea Market last Saturday. The seller also had several handles for the #2 winch. Our next flea market is in the Spring, but maybe you can find one locally. Or, try eBay.

walberts
09-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Got 2 #2's, but need a #1. If anyone has one, or hears of one, I'd appreciate it. I could even trade my #2's.

walberts
09-19-2005, 08:41 AM
I went to visit John Griffiths who owns Ariel #1, last weekend and guess what! He had a box of winch handles and at least one #1 handle that now is on board Haabet. We had a laugh about being pack rats, and I am so glad that he is. :)

So, for the moment, I am back in winch-handle heaven. I'm going to install a pocket on the mast to hold that little sucker and never carry it in my pocket again.

By the way, John is recovering from hip-replacement surgery and he is just beginning to be able to get around after almost 6 months of being unable to even get down to his shop. When he is able, I hope to take some more pictures of his work on Kestrel. With luck, she should be back in the water by next season.