PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Selling

Mike Goodwin
09-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Thinking of selling #45 .
It has been just setting for the last 2 years , been out of the slip twice this year . I'm not getting any projects done on her and all my sailing has been on the 122' schooner I helped build.
A fellow offered me a 1935 mahogany runabout in trade for Spirit. That would be another long term project to get into , which I may consider .

Anyway, she is located on the lower Chesapeake Bay and could be available to a good home .
She is a documented vessel .
She has a 4 stroke Nissan 6hp , stainless water tank . new main traveler system from Garhauer , recored foredeck and STBD side to cockpit , some new wiring and new custom cushions for all the bunks ( cushions have never been used ).
It has a working depth sounder .
It has dual aft chainplates for splitting the backstay .

Dual self tailing Lewmars too!

SS solar vent in forward hatch.

$3500 as is / where is with motor , $2500 without .

ebb
09-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Mike, I'd hate to see you go.

In fact it is unacceptable,

Go sailing in 45. NOW. OK? TODAY

Do those projects. People who own 25.5' plastic boats are nice people too.

Mike, you are our Practical Sailer, we need your experience and knowledge and wit on a constant basis. To hell with selling your boat!!! :eek:

Tony G
09-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Mike,

I agree with Ebb. If nothing else pull her and stick her in the back yard. She'll be close to home and easier to work on.

We have an O'day 22 here in fantastic shape that hasn't seen water for over two years! Some times I think I'd like to sell her but when people come knockin' I find that she's just an object to them. No bond no desire what so ever on a deeper level. Then I jack the price up and drive them heathens off :D

Sail on the schooner, work on 45. You're a part of the crew, but 45 is a part of you.

I'll make you a deal. You keep 45, and, as I continue rebuilding the hacked-up lazarette on 113, I'll put in the mizzen mast support beam and split backstay chainplates. If nobody walks up and offers to buy my little 17' daysailer I'll steal her mast and boom.

That's the best I can offer.....OR you could haul her out here and I'll help with the projects. Theis is just 600 miles or so away, I'm sure he'll stop by on weekends...

Mike Goodwin
09-05-2005, 09:09 AM
You can't git rid of me that easy .
I wouldn't go , just wouldn't be an owner anymore . I would still be sailing on Commander #105 with Bobert LeMasters.

Tony,
My backyard is smaller than the boat !
I live in a 1830's townhouse.
I also own no less than 3 multihulls , 2 tri's and a cat , 3 hard dinghies and a San Francisco Bay Pelican . Just sold my aluminum 15' Starcraft .
I'm in the process of building a Sam Devlin 22' tugboat on spec for a potential client.
I'm also committed to helping on 52 interiors in the next 12 months for some 28 and 34' fish killers .

If I had the room in my shop , I'd pull her inside and do a complete overhaul and makeover.

She's not gone yet !

Wildcat
09-06-2005, 05:37 AM
you own a flotilla! if the USN ever needs a hand invading, i dunno, Tilghman's Island or something, you'll probably be getting a call

ebb
09-06-2005, 07:11 AM
yeah, now that you mention it, get rid of the two dogs and the cat. Or store them on edge anyway.

Remember when we talked about names a couple years ago? Brent said it: Name your boat in a tribute to the Gods or the Spirit.

Here's to a new dawn for Spirit!
(How come you didn't name her
Colt?)

mbd
09-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Good one Ebb! :D

Al Lorman
09-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Mike:

I'm in the market for a sailing dinghy if you want to do a little fleet reduction.

Al Lorman

Mike Goodwin
09-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Al,
Those are prototypes for a dinghy that I will be building , the production models will be better. I hope to have some in a few months, still moving into and setting up new shop . This is hull #1 with a load and 2 young sailors learning to row ( they got real oars a week later ) . The 2 lads did the paint job , now they want a bigger boat !

Al Lorman
09-08-2005, 06:36 AM
Mike:

Looks good. Keep hull number 1 so you can proudly display it in your corporate headquarters when you're (more) famous. If you're planning a sailing model in the 8-10' range, keep me informed.

Best of luck! If only all of us could merge our jobs and our passions.

Al

Mike Goodwin
09-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Hull # 1 & 2 both have sailing rigs !

c_amos
09-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Mike,

What a great looking little boat!

I remember back in the 'tenders' thread you had mentioned that you were working on something that might fit on the bow of the Ariel.

How well would this one fill the bill?

I hope you decide to hold on to #45, whatever you decide to do thanks for all your input here.

Mike Goodwin
09-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Fits fine forward of the mast . They are just over 7' long. Tows great too!

Mike Goodwin
09-09-2005, 08:14 AM
$3500 as is / where is with motor , $2500 without .

mbd
09-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Mike, if I hadn't bought mine this summer, I'd be calling you now! No doubt yours is a sound and solid boat!

And "ditto" what all the others said - thanks for all your input and expertise here. You'd better stick around, buster or there'll be a floatilla of Commanders and Ariels come to shang hai you from that schooner!

commanderpete
09-09-2005, 02:05 PM
This is Crazy Talk

You would just buy another sailboat in a year or two anyway

Crazy Talk I tell 'ya