PDA

View Full Version : F.S.: Ariel in Mass--$23,900

commanderpete
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
A bargain at any price

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1415198&slim=quick&

Year: 1967
Current Price: US$ 23,900
Located in MA, United States
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Single Gas
YW# 74591-1415198

Additional Specs, Equipment and Information: Builder/Designer

Builder: Pearson Ariel Designer: Carl Alberg

Dimensions

LOA: 25'7" LWL: 18'6" Beam: 8'
Displacement: 5120 lb Draft: 3'8" Ballast: 2300 lb.

Engines

Engine(s): Atomic 4 gas engine Engine(s) HP: 30 Cruising Speed: 6 kts
Max Speed: 7.5 kts

Tankage

Fuel: 25 gallons Water: 50+ gallons

Accommodations
Teak & Formica interior trim. 6' headroom. Curtains. Carpet. Blue fabric upholstery. V berth forward, and two settee berths. 4" polyurethane foam vinyl-covered mattresses. Marine head with seacocks, under hanging locker, starboard side. S.S. sink. Galley pump. Two burner Princess alcohol stove. Coal & wood heat. Fan. Deck-loading icebox.

Wheelhouse
Integrally molded fiberglass reinforced polyester resin. Dodger needs new windshield.

Running Gear
Aung rudder off full keel.

Deck
Integrally molded fiberglass reinforced polyester resin. Non-skid pattern. Two hatches.

Electronics
1984 Ray Jeff 55 channel VHF. Danforth compass. Flasher fatho.

Electrical
Interior, navigation, spreader and anchor masthead lights. Electrical system replaced in '84 (including alternator). Two batteries ('84). Selector switch. 12-volt electrical (fused) switch panel.

Safety Equipment
Two fire extinguishers. Two lifer preservers. Horsehoe lifering. Bell. Danforth 135 anchor with 6' chain and 200'x3/4" rode.

Additional
Dacron main sail, work Jib and 160 Genoa (1968). Sail area: 307 sq ft. Main sail cover. Aluminum mast and boom. S.S. rigging. Keel ballast. Roller reefing. Genoa gear. Topping lift. Inclinometer. Three sheets. Two fenders. Three fender boards. Winter cover. Swim ladder. Turnbuckle covers. Storn pulpit new in '84.

Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice

Mike Goodwin
07-28-2005, 01:57 PM
For $23 K you ought to get a diesel at least . A seller's wet dream !

commanderpete
07-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Sure, it seems like alot. But look at the tankage! And 7.5 kts. max speed.

You get 1984 batteries and electronics, 1968 sails.

Two fenders thrown in and a topping lift.

You guys are sitting on a gold mine

mbd
07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, now that I've bought mine - this price seems like a really good deal for such a fine vessel!! :cool:

c_amos
07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
You know, I DO wish him well. It does sound like a nice boat.....

... but 21 year old batteries???? :confused:

Mike Goodwin
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah man, 20 year old batteries are the thing !

Tom_Nelson
07-28-2005, 10:54 PM
My Batteries ain't but five years old and I'd let the whole thing go for $20,000

mbd
07-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Hey Tom,

It looks like you already have a version of Ebb's aft hutch! What is that? Your mod?

Tom_Nelson
08-01-2005, 06:13 AM
When I got her, the aft cabin was considerably taller and real flimisy, the kids couldn't stand on it. There's a British Seagull in there and the top wouldn't close. I took off the old one and came back with oak, as low a profile as possible. I'm still not happy with it but it's better.

thanks for asking
Tom