PDA

View Full Version : A sad day....#271 FS

ootsk
06-23-2005, 08:04 PM
I've just run out of time to maintain my boat the way she deserves to be maintained.
1964 Pearson Ariel
Outboard 8 hp
Main, 3 jibs, one kite.
Porta potty, gimballed burner. Stock interior.
Exterior needs paint.
Very solid boat....just needs TLC.
$2500 and it's yours.
Channel Islands California.

Mike Geer
ootsk@aol.com

sienna
08-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Mike,
Is she still for sale? If so, any pictures? Please let me know ASAP. Thanks.

ootsk
09-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Ok, here's the link to some photos. Kinda cluttered inside, as you can see.

PIctures here (http://portraitinc.smugmug.com/)

ootsk
03-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Still for sale....How's about 1800ish?
I'd love to see her with a good owner.....

ootsk
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Shoot, did I say $1800? It must have been a typo. I'm almost sure I meant 1500 or so. Ish.

epiphany
06-13-2006, 04:58 AM
This sounds like the new "Starcrest" to me... :D

Eric? You around? :p

(Looks like a great deal!)

eric (deceased)
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
currently being treated for a nasty recurrance of thyroid cancer.still here in vegas but shortly on the move again to southern california.at this time I am trying to relocate to the perris valley california area.there is a job that I am hoping to start.I was in northern california but had to stop due to health reasons.that ariel sounds of interest to me.I will contact everyone about this when I am in better health.thyroid cancer is not necessarily terminal.it is quite treatable.I will be quarantined for a few days in a hospital as I will need to ingest a highly radioactive isotope of iodine.its called Radio Active Iodine Ablation.(I131)thyroid cells absorb iodine.this radioactive iodine will be absorbed by the remaining thyroid cells that have metastesized thru my lymphatic system into the lungs. the radiation will ablate the remaining thyroid cells.I have had this before--and was told I would need it again.this is not chemotherapy----thats worse.I am in no pain but have been going through a tuff time.----not as bad as the "dark days"----but on the same line. :eek:I have every intention of getting another ariel----believe you me----I am having a repeat of history---people are telling me I wont be able to do this or that----when I am ready I will seek out that ariel if its still available.and a trailor for it too.man----I still have the vane gear--- a new outboard--- and heavy rigging waiting to go on the next ariel---most importantly----I have the desire....and the experience
even if that vessel is still available----there are certain issuses that remain to be resolved----nevermind the transfer price---will the slip be available to whoever the new owner is---is it currently insured as required by most marinas---will a new survey be needed---these can be "in water" surveys for most of these genre vessels---will the insurance---if still viable be transferable to who ever the new ownwer may be???these questions will need to be answered.especially in a red tape environment as such in california marinas.these issues are non existent where I came from in florida.but I spent 15 years in so.cal on boats in many marinas and the harbor patrols just leaves me with many sore memories.that ariel looks good in the fotos and I am very suprised it is /may be still on the market.when I am ready the owner of that vessel ----if still available will hear from me.

Mike Goodwin
06-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Hang in there !

c_amos
06-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Eric,

I hope this boat works out for you, and if not that you will soon find another one. I appreciate your shaing your trips, and wish you well in getting past the treatment. You have my prayers for a speedy recouperation and return to the sea.