PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help

Al Lorman
04-19-2002, 05:38 AM
Now that I actually (and finally) have a closing date set for my new (used) boat, I thought I would be a sentimental slob and tell all of you how much I have appreciated the emotional and actual support I have received from this group since I purchased Commander #26 two years ago. She was my first boat, and I usually didn't have a clue. Between this discussion group and the excellent manual, I could usually get pointed in the right direction. More than that, though, it has really hit me that the folks who own Ariels/Commanders are a real community; I follow everyone's stories and admire the photos as I would the work of friends.

Having succumbed to two-footitis (actually, six-footitis), I find that there's no comparble web site to compare notes, ask dumb questions, etc. There's an association, but it just doesn't seem the same. (On the other hand, I can email the factory and deal with the customer service rep.) So, I find myself still checking in here occasionally even though #26 is on the hard and for sale and I will never sail her again. I will pass along the manual to her next owner and tell him/her that he/she is buying into a community, not just buying a boat.

With best wishes to all,

Al Lorman

Bill
04-19-2002, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments on the Associaition and the discussion forum. Sorry you must leave the group, but should you ever buy another Ariel/Commander, we will accept you back.

commanderpete
04-22-2002, 06:25 AM
Been a pleasure Al. Stop back and see us often.