PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready to buy a Commander

Jeff
06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey everyone,
I am a perspective Commander buyer and just wanted to say hi. I will probably be making the purchase in a couple of days - getting the outboard serviced and taking her for a test sail. I live in Boston and plan on cruising the coast to Cape Ann, Cape Cod, etc.

rwsouthwick
06-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard! What sort of shape is she in? What hull number?

I got my commander last November, and since then, my time has been two parts repair to one part sailing :) . Now that I've replaced coamings, carved new handrails, and painted and varished like a madman, I expect the ratio to shift radically. What a lovely boat.

-- R

Tony G
06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Congratulations to both of you! As you might allready know, this forum is great source for information. If you haven't joined the Association yet, please do. It's a great group to support.

P.S. (Bill) D'oh! I forgot. The check's in the mail...

Jeff
06-04-2005, 07:14 PM
I did register - is that the same as joining? She is in good condition, ned to get the hull number. It is still tentative as I have not taken her out yet. Previous owner kept her in good shape. I will get some pictures soon. On a slightly different subject, do the Commander's track well when trimmed properly?

Bill
06-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I did register - is that the same as joining?

No, see the home page for information on joining the association.