PDA

View Full Version : Docking styles

French
05-31-2005, 02:39 PM
I saw several interesting docking styles over the weekend. Here is one I had the camera out for...

Robert Lemasters
05-31-2005, 03:30 PM
Got one for you that I wish that I had my camera with me. Walking out on the pier to my boat I heard a weak muffled cry for help above the wind. It was a fellow with his feet clamped on to the finger pier and his body stretched out to his 30 ft sailboat holding on for dear life trying to keep his boat from drifting away in the tide. Took some doing to sort it out and not a moment too soon for him. :eek:

frank durant
05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Ever notice the "grace" with which you dock falls in direct perportion to the number of people watching ? Perfect at the dock...look around..all alone . Screw up badly...the whole town is at the marina for a stroll and ice cream !!

c_amos
06-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Ever notice the "grace" with which you dock falls in direct perportion to the number of people watching ?
Absolutely!

I gotta say, this weekend was a great one for ‘unusual’ docking procedures. Boats that I have never seen leave the marina getting underway. I had thought I was going to get some work done this weekend, seems like every time I would get back to it there was someone else trying to come into their slip, full bore and sideways! :eek:

Almost took the sting out of being chained to the dock with nice weather. (almost) :(

French
06-01-2005, 11:36 AM
THis same person in the pic above or the guy next to him, do not remember, any way.
Last week, did the same type of move, except deceided to go head first in slow motion into the water to get another perspective on the docking :o

saddly I was camera-less that day