PDA

View Full Version : Eloquence Meets Passion

Jim Rester
04-07-2005, 08:00 AM
BOY - a Gauntlet doesn't lay on the deck long around here. After reading the thread in "Gallery"="A-191 Parranda" I have a new found appreciation not only for how much you guys love your boats and how dear you hold your opinions,tongue in cheek or not.

But more than that, the considerable eloquence used to express those feelings is really impressive. - You would not expect so much brain power from a bunch of guys- me too- who spend $15,000. and most of their spare time on a $8,000. (if your lucky) boat. And yes, a thinkly veiled, "well screw you" is elegant in it's simplicity. Thanks to all for the fun.

I recently discovered MAIB, and no Pete, that is not Maidens Available In Boat.

It's a twice monthly little magazine called,"Messing About In Boats". It's about traditional small boats and boat maintenance and boat building. It is not only informative but a literary experience as well. Fantastic short articles by really talented and knowledgable contributers, many of whom are professional or backyard boat builders and designers. I'll bet 90% of you would end up anticipating your issue every two weeks. If you like these boats you will love this little Magazine.

The last I heard, if you will call 978-774-0906 or write to, 29 Burley St., Wenham, MA. 01984-1043 Bob Hicks the editor will send a trial subscription to you.

And thanks again for the pleasure.

Jim Rester
Commander 80